Skip to main content

 I have been playing with a new technique.  It has been absolutely transformational!  I couldn't stop myself; I was lost in time for hours. I love when that happens.

I'm working on a new line of greeting notecards which are A2 size.  These new cards are just a bit smaller than my Siapo Greeting cards that are A6, but the impact is huge.  These new backgrounds are so perfect for my new line of notecard.  The cards feature little bits and pieces of all my favorite left over painted papers.  They are mainly upcycled treasures too beautiful to toss that I have saved over time.  Like old maps I've altered, sheet music that has been painted or Gelli printed or in some other way altered.  I also have some found and exotic papers in the mix.  The papers have been stamped or stenciled or doodled on in a way that makes them truly unique.  I've tried some new techniques using several new mediums that I haven't used for a long time or never before and I'm loving the results.

I call them Girlfriend cards because each one is an affirmation to help you, your friend or loved one at a point in their lives when support would be a good thing. They're the words you know they need to hear. Just the perfect reminder for the moment. 


Here are some of the backgrounds:









 Here are some photos of finished Girlfriend Cards:










I've made lots of cards but people are loving them so much I can't seem make enough! You choose the quote because the backgrounds are far too numerous and varied to choose just one.



Here is a list of the quotes available for the cards:

1. Breathe, darling... This is just a chapter, not your whole story.

2. Stay focused and extra sparkly. 

3. She designed a life she loves.

4. Not to spoil the ending for you but... everything's going to be okay.

5. Self-care is how you take your power back.

6. No one is you and THAT is your superpower.

7. You are enough just as you are.

8. You are powerful, beautiful, brilliant and brave.

9. I just hugged you in my thoughts, I hope you felt it.

10. Conquer from within.

11. You got this!

12. Hold on to your vision.

13. Make your reasons better than your excuses.

14. Start each day with a grateful heart.

15. Either you run the day, or the day runs you.  You Choose.

16. Stop waiting for tomorrow. Start Now

17. Growth is growth no matter how small.

18. Tough times never last but tough people do.

19. The grass is greener where you water it.

20. It's a beautiful day to go after your dreams.

21 Wake up! Chase your dreams. Repeat.

I'm selling these beauties in random packs of 3 for $20. or 5 for $30. and $7.50 each.  For now, I'm shipping in the U.S. only as overseas shipping is expensive.  Send me (by Facebook messenger or email: aliitasi1949@gmail.com) your zip code and I will send you the cost of shipping.


Here's hoping you are having the BEST possible holiday season and beyound.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bit of Ugly

Funny thing Synchronicity! I wonder about it all the time, my life is so full of little synchronicties. For instance; I've been doing an online workshop, Vision Journaling, with True North Arts led by Kathryn Antyr the Collage Diva. There have been many synchronistic miracles for me since delving into that workshop on envisioning your dreams. Here's just one. It's week five and Kathryn sent us the Wayne Dyer's, Excuses Begone affirmations from his site. She put them on ATC sized cards and posted them on the workshop website. So, I accidentally came across that deck of cards that I have been working on. I only saved the unattractive little things because somewhere along my rambling travels on the Internet, I found a lady talking about how you should make something ugly everyday. So, anyway as I worked with these cards trying new techniques and working with new materials I managed to make lots of ugly things. I would love to give that lady credit because as I ma

My Dad

My Dad, Iopu Taesali · October 26, 1926- 2001 'Ua alu atu le afi - passing the fire. A Samoan chant for important social events. My Dad was born in Pago Pago, American Samoa, the youngest of fourteen children. I once asked my Dad many years later why he would leave paradise and he said; "Daughter, what can you know about the world from an Island only 7 miles wide and 14 miles long?" He used to go back and forth from here to the island. I later found that he had become disillusioned with Samoa. He believed the American dollar had destroyed his island and after awhile he had no desire to go back home again. But how did he get to America? My father was a brand new immigrant from Samoa, just 18 years old when he got to America. The story goes that in 1945 he stowed away on a cargo ship from Pago Pago harbour, the heart of American Samoa, with 8 others boys. When they finally got caught on board ship it was too late to turn back so they were all put into the bri

Affirmations

I saw Louise Hay on PBS last night. I was lucky enough to catch the last part of Wayne Dryer's show, "Excuses Begone" when Wayne announced that Louise was in the audience. Of course when the cameras focused on Louise Hay she was emitting a wholly healthly and profoundly alive glow. I would say that makes her 82 years on earth affirm that affirmations do work! The universe works in strange ways and was again to my rescue, at just the right time for me to see what I need. So I decided to link bmindful.com to my blog to remind me to focus on affirmations as a tool to make necessary changes, painlessly I might add, and stay on course. Hope this is a help to you as well. I also added a wiget from "Quote of the Day" just to keep us close to great minds. Enjoy your day - I'm going to!