Friday, May 14, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
It's actually best if you have a partner and/or team to share the experience of going through the book. I put it out into the universe that I wanted and needed a partner and the universe provided, of course! I have created a private and safe chat room for us to do our work/sharing. If you would like to join us in the chat room please leave me a message/comment below and I will email you with the address and password.
Cheryl asks us for our first Take Action Challenge to get and start a journal. Our first journal entry is to list 25 things that we are proud of about ourselves from the past 12 months. Here is my first Take Action Challenge;
- Learning how to blog, actually teaching myself how to blog.
- Taking and completing 3 online workshops = building community.
- Acing all the classes for work positioning me for greater earning power.
- Continuing the arduous paying down of debt, 20K last year.
- Preparing for college again.
- Quitting and continuing not to smoke.
- Taking all my vitamins almost everyday.
- Seeing myself grow as an artist.
- Finally realizing I don’t have to fix everything for everybody.
- Standing up for myself.
- Looking inward and listening.
- Pursuing my interests in spite of others opinions.
- Becoming more and more computer savvy.
- Declining invitations that don’t really interest me.
- Connecting with a life coach.
- Making a commitment to myself regarding Extreme Self Care.
- Continuing to eat more organic and local foods.
- Getting more and more exercise.
- Letting go of old belief systems.
- Getting to know the real me.
- Taking bold steps; like blogging for a partner or team to do the 52 weeks with me. = Putting myself out there!
- Building community for myself.
- Getting approved for work study for the Soulcollage Facilitator Training.
- Doing more things alone.
- Being satisfied with the path that I am on.
Note: The book I have was published over 10 years ago so I am only including the resources that are web sites or books.
Brushdance = www.brushdance.com
What You Need to Know Now-a Road Map for Personal Transformation =www.liveyourlight.com
The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women: A Portable Mentor; Gail McMeekin
How Much Joy Can You Stand? How to Push Past Your Fears and Create Your Dreams; Suzanne Falter-Barns
Making Your Dreams Come True; Marcia Wieder
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
We tried to do all the things that are free in the Tempe area. So we took a lot of hikes in the early mornings to awesome places. Tonto National Forest, where the Saguaro reign supreme. We saw multitudes of wildlife and the cacti were ablaze with color, the desert is so alive. Hole in the rock, Tempe Town Lake and Papago Park, all fabulous.
In the afternoons we went to several Museums. We went to Tempe History Museum and learned a thing or two about the area. Information starting from the very early days, prehistoric days right up to what is happening currently in this area. We made a Tempe Town Post Card, it was an interactive software program that took our picture and allowed us to choose some really beautiful scenes around Tempe.
We also went to the library where there are passes for a number of events and happening throughout the Phoenix area and beyond. We got free passes for the Heard Museum. I finally saw great 3-D in a IMAX theater....Oceans, WOW! We had a massage at the Massage School that offers 2 for 1 massages that only cost $25.00 for both!
We ate at home every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner except for the last night of my vacation. Then we celebrated with all you can eat Chinese, we loved it!
All in all it was one of the best vacations I have had. I have lots more photos!