The Space In Between
- First, identify a negative thought you use to bully yourself.
- Change that thought to a more positive, truthful thought (an affirmation). For instance, let’s use the thought “Nothing ever works out for me.” Let’s change that to, “Things work out for me much of the time.”
- Close your eyes and picture the first word of that affirmation in front of your eyes. Think of the word “Things.”
- Next, imagine you have moved the word “Things” over to the left. Now imagine the word “work” right in front of your eyes.
- Now move the word “work” over to the right. You now have both words, “Things work” sitting on either side of your head. There is a blank space in between, right in front of your eyes.
- Be in the empty space that is in front of your eyes. Breathe.
- Bring the word “work,” which is to the right, over to the left with the words “Things.” You now have “Things work” to the left and an empty space in front of your eyes.
- Now bring the word “out” and imagine it is right in front of your eyes. When you have a strong image of it, move it over to the right. You now have an empty space in front of your eyes again. Be in the space. Breathe.
- Next move the word “out” to the left. You now have “Things work out” to the left. Imagine the word “for” hanging right in front of your eyes. Repeat the above until you have imagined and moved all the words of your affirmation to the left. Sit with the empty space left in front of your eyes.
For more insights and information visit her blog.