Skip to main content

Now What?

I hope that what I'm about to write will make sense to all of you. But even if it doesn't, I'm writing it anyway. I've been thinking so much, lately, about my future. Mainly because my kids are grown, I'm single, soon to be out of debt and feeling unsettled. So I have some decisions to make. I felt kinda unstable during the second Saturn return so didn't want to make any big decisions and now that's all done.
Now though, I feel it's time. I started art journaling recently. Something my therapist of old would have been so happy about because for years she tried to get me to write down my feelings. I guess I just wasn't ready..I am now. All this journaling is making me wonder what my purpose is. I've done a lot of reading and feel comfortable that this wondering, is part of, what I choose to call, crone hood, which by the way I am enjoying. Getting a little respect, bout time!
Anyway, from where I'm sitting, down the path at about 60, give or take. You know, you can really see a lot from here! I decided to make, write down, draw, paint, whatever, a life timeline to help me remember first but also to honor and affirm some of the landmarks of my life, because right now it's just a blur. I think I deserve that.
So I got a couple of ideas from some of my friends, also from some good people online and in groups and from my favorite authors. I love SoulCollage and some of the ladies who belong to the SoulCollage Playground have made "Decade Cards". A way of honoring each decade through collage. I also read an excerpt from Joan Anderson's book, A Weekend to Change Your Life: Find Your Authentic Self After A Lifetime of Being All Things to All People. Now, I know a lot of you ladies out there, who are sitting close to me, out there on that path, are thinking that book title sounds uncomfortably familiar. But hear me out, Anderson brings up the same idea of, "honoring each ten year period so we aren't just aging but rather honoring and affirming life's progress". And of course, reading anything by Angeles Arrien will make you think long and hard about what has heart and meaning in your life. Last, but not least a couple of dear friendships I've developed on Facebook with people that I very much admire have helped me see things from new and fresh perspectives. Oh! Yes! All of the above AND... doing my affirmations everyday, like clockwork!
So, as you can see, I have all these ideas and all these images floating around in my head. I need to capture all of it and make sense of it all. That is why I have decided to make a timeline of my life....... I'll keep you posted.

Comments

  1. wow this is a cool blog. I think I want to honor my decades too. Now that i have forgiven myself I have more energy and self love in my life. love me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The List!

I've been making a daily search on the world wide web and sifting through anything I can find about self-love.  What actions to take, what questions to ask myself, even quotes that are food for thought regarding self-love. Looking everywhere for pearls of wisdom from experts, seers and others just like me. So, I was gratefully surprised to find in my very own email a post from one of my very favorite artist and blogger, Kathryn Costa, at her  Collage Diva blog.  Her post really fits so well with my current self love journey/search, PLUS I totally love Tiny Buddha as you all know. Visit Kathryn's blog for the list from Tiny Buddha written by Sarah Nean Bruce and to view her delightful art journal page dealing with powerful ideas about love put into words.  I love how Kathryn can artistically express her ideas using paint, paper, images and just the right words....She is truly amazing! Peace. Ellie
Loving the time between Christmas and New Year.  After all the juicy color cards I've been playing around with I thought some neutrals would be fun. I love them! Now, back to writing down some ideas for the new year!  Have a wonderful New Year!!!
I was reading a blog that asked the question; "Who inspires you?". I've been inspired by so many! I'll list a few.  The links attached to the artist are just their latest videos. I hope you have time to take a look at what these fabulous artists are doing. Jane Davies Adele Sypoensteyn Everybody @ Stencil Girl Louise Fletcher Donna Downey Elizabeth St Hilaire Robyn McClendon This is by no means a complete list.  I think I will do more posts like this to honor all the artists that have inspired me and many others! Have a great day!